TUBE BENDING MACHINES WITH OR WITHOUT MANDREL
When approaching the world of tube bending for the first time, you can immediately see that there are various bending methods and related tube bending machines.
But what are the differences and which machine should I choose?
There are a few variables to take into consideration: first of all, we will have to define the diameter of the tube to be bent, so that we can direct ourselves towards the appropriate size of tube bending machine.
Once we have determined the diameter of our tube, the other variables to consider will be:
- Relationship between diameter and tube thickness
- Bending radius
- Level of automation of the tube bending machine
TUBE BENDING MACHINES WITH OR WITHOUT MANDREL?
TUBE BENDING MACHINES WITHOUT MANDREL
Excellence is undoubtedly represented by our ETM series of mandrelless tube bending machines, the result of more than 50 years of experience in the industry.
These tube bender can bend tubes with diameter from 8 up to 168 mm and are perfect for processing tubes with a bending radius equivalent to 3 times the size of the tube section to be processed.
Simplicity, robustness and precision: these are the qualities that best describe these tube bending machines.
The ETM tube bending machines are easy to transport and quickly adaptable to production changes, a quality that makes them capable of offering a real production advantage.
Thanks to the “Digital Bend Programming Touch Screen 2” software, the ETM tube bending machines are extremely easy to use and even the novice operator will be able to achieve a high degree of repeatability, which is fundamental in the pursuit of production efficiency.
The ETM tube bending machines allow 49 programs with 8 bending angles each that can be stored as repeatable programs.
To find out more click here
MANDREL TUBE BENDING MACHINES
Mandrel tube bending machines are the best solution for bending tubes with thin wall thicknesses and bending radii 1.5 times the size of the tube section to be processed.
The purpose of the mandrel inside the tube is to support the tube itself, thus preventing transverse deformation and internal corrugation of the tube. With these machines, you can make perfect bends even with thin pipes.
Memoli produces three different types of mandrel tube bending machines to meet the various customer requirements:
- ETM with mandrel: these are the entry level of core bending machines. Cheap and powerful, they are the best solution for bending thin tubes with bending radii 2.5/3 times the tube diameter. These machines can be used in both mandrel and nomandrel configurations, with a very quick set-up change.
- ETM-H: these are our semi-automatic tube bending machines. Precise and powerful, they can bend tubes with thin wall thicknesses and bending radii up to 1 time the size of the tube section to be processed. Efficiency and ease of use are the adjectives that best describe this series of tube benders. In our ETM-H tube benders, the bending function is performed automatically, while feeding and turning the tube between bends must be performed manually. When processing tubes with several bends, the positioner will make the work much easier, as this device allows the exact fixing of the tube length and rotation position between the bends.
- ACH: CNC tube bending machine with fully automatic 3-axis cycle: bending (Y axis), feeding (X axis) and rotation (Z axis). ACH tube benders can bend with fixed or variable radius in a single plane and are characterised by short set-up times and fast production changes.
To find out more click here
Undecided on the right product for you?
Contact us and we will help you choose!